The Registered Behavior TechnicianTM (RBT®) is a paraprofessional certification in behaviour analysis obtained through the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB). Upon completion and/or passing the exam, RBTs assist in the delivery of behaviour analytic services and practice under the direction and close supervision of an RBT Supervisor and/or Coordinator, who are responsible for all the work an RBT performs.
The RBT requirements are as follows:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or national equivalent (WAEC, OND, HND, etc.)
- Complete 40 hours of training
- Complete a criminal or police background check
- Pass the RBT examination
- Renew his or her status yearly by completing a competency assessment